Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wake Up - Coheed and Cambria~♫

I can only stand the song I picked for class for only a few plays before it gets old.
However, I won't get tired of this one song → Wake Up

I'm gonna ride this plane out of your life again
I wish that I could stay, but you argue
More than this I wish, you could've seen my face
In backseats staring out, the window



This one is straightforward in that the speaker is going to leave the life of the one that the speaker cares about. The speaker would stay but the loved on seems to want him to go instead. Then he wishes that the loved one would have seen the speakers face while he was on his way out of the lover's life, the pain.

I'll do anything for you
Kill anyone for you

So leave yourself intact
'Cause I will be coming back
In a phrase to cut these lips
I love you



A demonstration of how far the speaker would go for the lover, even kill, just anything at all. Make sure the lover is kept intact, mentally and physically because the speaker will come for the lover onces again. To express his feeling, even though it's painful to say, "I love you" comes out of it.


The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest
Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you decide to wake up



The coming of morning is usually a sign of light and beauty because of the sunrise that comes around. Thus describing a kiss as the morning, the light, the sun. Sometimes loved ones are the ones that annoy you the most and that's because you care about them the most and you actually care about what they think. But when you're laying with a person or just with them and their mind is somewhere else then you can "annoy" them or do something tiny repeatedly until they wake up or snap back to reality. 


I've earned through hope and faith
On the curves around your face
That I'm the one you'll hold forever
If morning never comes for either one of us
Then this I pray to you wherever



With romance there's always a hope and faith that you'll be together for a long time, and after learning the beauty of a person, even just the simple details as the curves of the face. After a while, the speaker realizes how much the lover loves him and sees it and that the lover will hold onto the speaker forever, and no one else so (s)he will continue trying. If the light never shows for them, then (s)he hopes that wherever they are, that this meaning still carries on.


I'll do anything for you
This story is for you
('Cause I'd do anything you want me to for you)
I'll do anything for you
Kill anyone for you



So leave yourself intact
'Cause I won't be coming back
In a phrase to cut these lips
I loved you



The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest
Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you decide to wake up

The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest
Wh-Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
'Til you decide to wake up



About the same chorus & verse part, the song thats being written is for the lover, still saying that (s)he'd do anything for the lover. The "I love yous" that hurt, however this time around, the speaker realizes that he won't be coming back because (s)he him/herself has realized it. And the last two stanzas that are replayed to put emphasis parts of love and light and when the they finally wake up to come around to embrace love again. 


PS; the song is on my playlist on the right.
& No, the singer is not a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment