Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's me you want? (Introduction)

Hello there! Let's start out with my name, shall we? I'm Serina Linhmy Lane and I'm in grade 10. My birthday is February 6th. This is going to be my second year at Whitney Young and I'm pretty excited to start this year. The only thing I am unhappy about is that...I hardly have classes with any of the people I usually talk to. My freshman classes were fairly populated by social people that I became to know as friends. Today was the first day of classes and I really missed everyone. Today I saw new teachers and new students alike. But enough about school, let's talk about me me me!

I'm not sure if I really have a nickname since my name requires only a few syllables. Although, I've heard ones that range from Rina to RiRi. Which is usually reserved to people that actually know me (haha). I'm actually a gamer...if you'd believe that. I wouldn't call myself a tom boy because I don't LIKE to do greasy things or play with bugs. But if my dad had to have me help around the house in terms of repair or something that needs changing, I'd do that.

I'm a music fanatic ~♫~♪~ A lot of people say I'm married to my iPod...that is if I even still had my iPods (them having been stolen twice last year). But still, music goes wherever I go. My range of music ranges from...oh say, Attack Attack! to Boys Like Girls (my favorite!) to Country music. I was born in Iowa where over there all we listen to is country and real rock(: I guess I'm not talking about the old rock which is real rock but...we listen to that too. I'm talking about Three Days Grace or Korn. Those sort of rock bands. Not precisely metal.

I usually like to read romance novels. Not sure why. Recently I've read the latest installment to Vampire Academy and Dracula, My Love. I know I know, vampires right? But these aren't all sappy like Twilight. I find these better than Twilight all the way. No werewolves or anything in these. Dracula, My Love is actually...less about a bunch of vampires; the book just really focuses on one, which would be the (in)famous Dracula. The next book I am trying to read in my free time is The Blessings of the Animals.


I am absolutely in love with animals. Before I go on rambling about wolves, I'd like to stop myself there. I just need to mention that I'm a pretty mixed person. My background consists of Vietnamese, Chinese, NativeWhite(Euro)~Irish. Although, I only speak Cantonese, I'm trying to learn some of the Native languages as well. This explains my love for wolves. My father's side of the family is the non-asian and the "rest-of-me" side. My great grandmother was born into a tribe that had the wolf as their totem and guardian animal. I'm irrevocably in love and fascinated by wolves. Such beautiful and yet fierce creatures. Probably why I want a dog so much. I even suggested to my dad that we got a hybrid (a mix of wolf and domestic dog blood in one). Horses and dolphins used to be my number one. Still love horses though.White Fang would probably be my favorite book along with Call of the Wild and others that Jack London has written.

Alas, I am rambling on and on!
Time to do other homework...
Ciao!
PS: The Iowa Hawkeyes is MY team! BigTen college football =
PPS: Oh & my favorite color is blue!
PPPS: I love dragons...(:

3 comments:

  1. nice blog. girlie. i liked the part of "twlight is sucky" (even tho u didnt say that i kno u meant it) xD

    ReplyDelete