Thursday, October 7, 2010

Death By Distance.

I used to have this best friend, Alexandra. It was her first day at Richland Grade School in Crest Hill as well as mine. In turn we ended up learning about the school with each other. The ups, the downs, the teachers, so on and so forth. We became very close and we were in the same homeroom! But 3rd grade became 4th and we were separated by only that. However, we still spoke to each other after school and on the buses or at recess. But alas through half of that year, my mom decided to move to closer to Chicago again and had me go to a closer school as well. This is how I ended up at Disney Magnet School.

Although I do still consider her a best friend, I rarely ever talk to her. I do miss her at times, but in the same thought, we both may be different than we were. If we don't get along now, it'd, in a way, ruin the relationship we had before. It's fairly fragile right now. Even IF I do consider her as a best friend, it's still a "dead" relationship.

It's not the same as before when I wanted my dads walkie-talkies so Alexandra and I could talk from our houses at night haha. But the thing about the death of relationships is that, a new one comes along. Not to replace it, but open up another part of your heart to another person. You learn that you should communicate more with your new friends, based on what has happened in the past. If you don't want your relationship to be a dead one, then communicate. Talk to them all the time. Include them in anything. Even if they can't you should still ask.

Funny how the blog about myself is longer than any other blog I have posted.
HUHHMM.
(;
Having a sleepover on Friday with Raphaella, Maha, and Faith! Maha has come back from Germany to grace us with her presence for a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. haha i know what you mean =p and hi!!
    my best friend names Jennifer were around since 2nd grade, and due to the difficulties of home, i was always there and made it a new home.
    they moved away the day of my orientation. only difference is we stayed connected, i visited in the summer, and now is now lmao.
    so, basically, your right. no communication = nothing.

    ReplyDelete