Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm A Critic!

Nah. Critics are always mean. But recently I've found a band. Literally found. And no I don't mean I found them and made them famous. I'd be rich...I can assure you that I am not that. But anyways, they're called Green River Ordinance. One day I was walking back to the car after being in Best Buy (right after my dad had bought me JB Dre's Beats earbuds as a "stocking stuffer" and just for a "test run"), and I notice a few CDs in an empty parking spot next to our car. One was a burned CD titled "Brent's Night Night Music" and the other was a rather...let's just say it was a CD that was bought titled "Green River Ordinance". The burned CD had already been ruined by some wort of rock that made an indent, so my dad just popped in the other CD and we listened to it.

When I first saw it I thought it'd be a really cheesy CD since the art was simple, yet peaceful, but it wasn't. It sounded like Boys Like Girls and Kings of Leon/We The Kings (Kings of Leon: who I really don't listen to much) put together. I actually loved it. And my dad also pointed out that it was "right up my alley". It was, it was. It just happened to be coincidence that I found them, or fate. Who knows. However...the CD ended after 3 tracks. I was stunned! I looked on the CD to find out that it said Demo. Thus leading me to download their whole album on my own. It was great. I love them now. Anyhow, I have chosen them to review.

There actually isn't much about them on Wikipedia, only a little bit of history and that they started in 2008. Apparently they've done many television-related works but I haven't ever recognized them. Go figure. But yes. They have a very smooth feel to their music. Some are upbeat, some are meant to be slow and melancholy, but in a good way...if that's possible...
Band consists of Josh Jenkins, Geoff Ice, Jamey Ice, Denton Hunker, and Joshua Wilkerson.
They're really good looking, but ya know. It's just music, what is appearance have to do with sound?(:
Reviews say that the guitars in "Differently (Anything at All)" catch your attention immediately, and I agree. Although there are some songs that I just automatically skip since the intro is a little...too much for me. The songs connect to a lot of love evidently. Some are for breakups (On Your Own) and some are for wanting to get together-s (Learning). My favorite tracks are Learning & Endlessly, and I will post those tracks and more in the player that will be under this post!

I recommend the album Out of My Hands. I know it's the only one I've heard so far, but I can truthfully say it's the best I've heard so far!



Ugh I can't get the music player. Too much time and work!
I'll just add it to the player on the right.
Edit: And yet...playlist.com does not have the song. ):
So a youtube video is here!

1 comment:

  1. I like your new background. I like it better than the Boys Like Girls one you had earlier. ;)
    And I could've predicted you'd pick this too. They're good, but eh... not really going to trump Temper Trap anytime soon. :D
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete